- Attending monthly NEPNA Board meetings, taking meeting minutes and drafting them within a week.
- Preparing the monthly board meeting agenda and distributing it to board members and guest presenters.
- Assisting in preparing the monthly neighborhood newsletter / flyer and distributing it to neighborhood residents and other neighborhood stakeholders.
- Updating and maintaining the neighborhood comprehensive contact / email list on Google docs.
- Assisting in developing an online survey to obtain input from neighborhood residents and other neighborhood stakeholders regarding financial and community goals and priorities.
- Door-knocking neighborhood residents to get feedback on financial and community goals and priorities.
Prior neighborhood outreach / community organizing experience a plus and/or familiarity with the City of Minneapolis and its community engagement programs. Must have strong oral and written communications skills, as well as experience with Web sites and social media. Event planning experience is also helpful. Must be able to attend monthly board meeting and attend other nightly meetings as assigned. Bilingual a plus. Position offers a flexible, part-time schedule (10-20 hours per month). Some evenings and weekends may be required. Please submit a resume and letter of interest by sending an email to [email protected].